Healthy yummy tofu cooked without any oil needed.
Very simple to make, yet very tasty like Chinese resto menu, my family said.
- 1 cup Kikkoman soya sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 3 Tbsp angciu (red Chinese cooking wine)
- 1/2 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 pcs (small) rock sugar
- 3 dashes of pepper
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, crushed
- 9 pcs tofu, sliced in half
- Marinate the tofu for for 5 mins.
- Cook over low heat for about 20 mins.
- Cover with lid to minimize evaporation.
- Turn the tofu over gently with spatula.
- Wait until the sauce become caramelized.
- Serve hot.